http://www.mediafire.com/?gjrigintdwj

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lets Talk Turkey!



Wow, I feel blessed. I stayed within protocol and taking in 478 calories. As a variety homemade food was ushered in by all the nurses, I stayed at bay and watched other nurses patients so that they could go eat. Our Thanksgiving feast in the afternoon , I stuck to spinach and chicken and 1/2 apple for dessert as turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie was generously consumed by all.
No potatoes and gravy. No pumpkin pie and it made no difference. I socialized with everyone as I ate, never thinking twice. Nobody even noticed that I wasn't participating in the Thanksgiving feast.

Before I walked out the door of the hospital, I was tempted to put my finger in the home made pumpkin pie and scoop up a taste. Then I looked at it again and thought to myself, "It just isn't worth it".



No comments: